I’ve never participated in a reading challenge before, and this month I’m planning on doing TWO!
R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril IX, hosted by Carl at StainlessSteelDroppings.
The challenge is to read books from the following categories (and you can choose to watch films and television, as well):
I will be attempting Peril the First, in which I am to read four books in the month of September. Should be a snap, right? We’ll see! I’m starting my reading list with the following:
- The Secret Place, by Tana French: I am so, so excited for her new book, releasing on September 2. Great timing!
- Spider Woman’s Daughter, by Anne Hillerman: Carrying on the Leaphorn and Chee novels by Tony Hillerman’s daughter.
- Starting two new (to me) series: Cold Dish, the Sheriff Longmire series by Craig Johnson
- Still Life, the Chief Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny
I will also participate in Peril on the Screen.
Unfortunately, Gracepoint (the US version of Broadchurch) won’t start till October 2. And the new (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Inspector Lewis episodes won’t air until October either. What to do?
- I do have the 4th and 5th seasons of Justified to catch up on.
- And I have the first season of The Equalizer on my Netflix queue, but since it’s marked Long Wait, I’m not sure about that one.
- I think I will move the 1982 Cat People film up to the top of my queue.
- Hey! The Blacklist returns on September 22! Unfortunately, no date yet for Hannibal.
The next reading challenge is the Mary Stewart Reading Week, hosted (I think) at Gudrun’s Tights. It runs from September 14 to the 21st. I’m not sure what I’ll read for that week yet. Perhaps The Gabriel Hounds.